Thursday, April 16, 2009

My pediatric detist said I was born with week teeth and that some adult teeth grew in flakey, whats it mean?

I stopped going to him when i was 18 because he couldnt do anything for me as an adult, i wound up going to see one oral surgeon to have an adult tooth pulled because it was %26quot;bad%26quot;, Im now 22 and am having some trouble with my adult teeth and wisdom teeth they all tend to hurt me when i eat cold or hot foods and i somtimes think they are soft, i have a dental appointment with a new dentist and am worried he will think i have been taking poor care of my teeth when I was told my teeth were grown in in a crappy condition. Is flakey a real term, and is it possible to have all dental work done by an oral surgeon, like cavities and stuff i freak at the dentist.

My pediatric detist said I was born with week teeth and that some adult teeth grew in flakey, whats it mean?
I can%26#039;t really answer your question fully, but I do think you might want to check on the dangers of flouridation (tooth pastes and drinking water). You can type in flouride in any Search Engine search box and get to web sites with lots of interesting information. Flouride occurs naturally at an extremely low level in our environment, and in this natural form and in the low doses it is beneficial and easily assimilated by the body. But flouridation is a totally different kettle of fish.


I have always taken very good care of my teeth but am the victim of flouride pills throughout my early school years. My teeth have cuts and holes right through, which have become worse and worse over the years. I was told that within the next ten or so years I%26#039;ll probably not even be able to get any more fillings, as the drilling always takes a little more of my teeth. Then it%26#039;ll be dentures I suppose (poor me, granny).


Some dentists will reject the idea of flouride damage out of hand. Others have a much broader view, like my dentist in Germany, who had a very open mind and recognised my problem for what it was right away.


This may be a shot in the dark, but it never hurts to check.


Hot and cold pain can be caused by prolonged exposure of the nerves in the teeth. How about sweet or sour or salty?
Reply:To answer your question about the oral surgeon doing all your work the answer is no. They certainly know how to do it as they completed dental school just like a general dentist but continued their education to specialize in facial and head%26amp;neck surgeries only. There are many great dentists out there that can treat your problems and offer you a sedative for your dental anxiety. Some are even qualified to perform concious sedation. Just ask about it when you call to set an appt. You can request your records from your Pediatric Dentist and take them to the new one if you would like. As for the teeth being %26quot;flakey%26quot;, he probably used that term to make it easier to understand. What you have is likely a condition called hypocalcification which is not caused by flouride. Good luck.



flirt

No comments:

Post a Comment