Thursday, April 16, 2009

I got a ton of teeth pulled and the adult ones aren't coming up, so they might have to pull them up surgically

I%26#039;ve already gotten my teeth pulled, but since the adult teeth aren%26#039;t coming up by themselves, the orthodontist might have to surgically pull the adult teeth up...has anyone ever had this happen? what do they do and is it painful?

I got a ton of teeth pulled and the adult ones aren%26#039;t coming up, so they might have to pull them up surgically
It is called a surgical exposure...You would have to go to an oral surgeon and they would make a small cut in your gums to expose the tooth and then place a bracket and a chain on the tooth so that your orthodontist would then be able to move the tooth down. When you are having this done you will be either numb or put to sleep. After-wards you will be a little bit sore but it will not be unbearable. Good luck!
Reply:I%26#039;m not sure how long or when you had your teeth pulled, but I had 12 teeth pulled when I was around 3rd grade all the way up to 5th grade. They didn%26#039;t start coming in untill late 5th grade and 6th grade. Which was about 3 years for most of them. Please get a second opinion if you think this operation is being done too soon. Give them at least a year to grow in. I hope everything goes alright. good luck



mens health

No comments:

Post a Comment